View Single Post
Old 21st November 2012, 07:38 PM
Member of: The Oaks & Horsham hawks

Originally Posted by Tench View Post
I had an AA EV2 barrel in one of my BSA's a couple of years ago and when that barrel needed cleaning it started to to shoot high and left, weird! It needed cleaning quite often every 250-300 shots and it always went off in the same manner when it needed doing, so you may have found your answer.

I have also experienced the reg being blamed when it is not at fault, if i have fitted a reg to gun and something goes wrong with the gun later on the owner often jumps to the conclusion that it is the reg, its an occupational hazard!

I only wondered as I (thought) I'd tried everything

Originally Posted by 5teve L View Post
Hopefully found the problem. I rodded the barrel with a patch, came out with a little lead, then tried it with some oil, again, same result, then I thought 'I have nothing to loose' & tried a little metal polish paste, the result shocked me to say the least !
They say a picture paints a thousand words.. Pic here

Looks like the toilet remains from a night on the curry,that's probably why it's been shooting shite
I do hope so, it was really starting to wind me up just need to get out & stick a bit of lead through it now
In life you should not persue goals that are easily achieved, develop an instinct for what can be only just achieved through your greatest efforts.