View Single Post
Old 23rd October 2012, 06:00 PM
My Empire of Dirt
Member of: Southampton Buccaneers, Parkstone, South Dorset

Originally Posted by Gcos View Post
We are all aware of the lack of places in the Worlds this year. I have been giveing this further thought and was wondering if this idea (no ***** please ) might help to alleviate the situation. Why not when you register you elect to shoot in 1 class only regardless of how you do in the overall competition.
You could then have the Juniors, Ladies and Vets and even the springers shoot in a second session( in the afternoon ?). The result of this would be to increase the no of PCP places in the overall competion . the Juniors , Ladies and Vets ,springers can all go. Dont reply saying how long it will take because if you really want to shoot the Worlds you can start at 5-00 inthe morning if necessary.
If any Junior Lady has the top overall score , she doesnt have to worry about the prize I will buy her an EV2 .
Several reasons, in my personal opinion.

Juniors, Ladies, Seniors don't all want to be segregated. Some of them do well in the open class on their own. I know what Helen would say. I'd take a good guess at what Francois and Craig would have said. Mr Taylor qualified as a Senior in Italy. And I think the chap from the US got a top 10 as one this year.

There's not enough Juniors, Ladies, Seniors, Springer shooters to fill a session, or that can't be controlled to happen (unless you want to limit them somehow). So some Male PCP shooters will overflow into that other session because otherwise places are wasted and that would be counter productive. There'd be even less JLSS's if those shooters who wished to shoot in the open elected to do so.

Sessions are pants. Italy showed what different weather conditions you could get, and I'd hate to have seen someone divided by them over a title.

The EFTA have already suggested 3 methods to enable more competitors (because sessions have taken 6 hours to complete). This has been mentioned at least once on this forum.

1) Reduce time in lane, which was voted out (2.5 mins)
2) Reduce targets in lane to 1.
3) Add another day with another course

BDS have ruled out 2&3 as they cannot take more shooters than the 300 they have allowed for and have not enough time for a 4th day. I have no idea of what NZ have in mind, but i'm guessing that over subscription may not be such a problem for them.
BFTA/NSRA County Coach
CSFTA Chairman/BFTA Rep