View Single Post
Old 22nd October 2012, 01:54 AM
Account Deleted

Originally Posted by RobF View Post
They are.
You could see if you make the team Chris and if not shoot for them. Means loads more people from the uk could attend the worlds. Of course auz may not be able to field a team but you can use one of their quota places.
Now the real point of the rules change is starting to be understood.

It was not to draw a line in the sand and say you won't cross was to bring back shooters to their homelands/place of birth, bring them back in contact with those still resident in those Countries and form bonds which would help spread the game and bring up the general level of skills over time.

Australia are in their infancy, and would clearly benefit from advice and help from someone who plays the game every other weekend. We plan internationals with them in the near future but the help we can give is limited. They have Dave Combrink over there currently.

You say its good for England because you can cherry pick and shed extra shooters into other member RGB's....where I think it will over time strengthen other RGB's until one day England sits rocking in a corner muttering to itself about the good old days, turnips and general root vegetables native to that fair land.

Ok all joking aside, I also have Welsh and English Parentage, plus NZ birth status. If I don't make the NZ team can I join yours Rob?

Last edited by greyskullnz; 22nd October 2012 at 01:59 AM.