View Single Post
Old 19th October 2012, 06:05 PM
My Empire of Dirt
Member of: Southampton Buccaneers, Parkstone, South Dorset

Originally Posted by nemesis View Post
you need to get your facts right.
Neither you or anyone else for that matter,came up to me,reps included,at the inter regionals.
As for posts/ info put on this forum I don't spend all my time looking at every single thread on here on the off chance you might miss out on something or not upto date with the in crowed.,not everyone has access to the internet.The reason why I asked this question was to first confirm my thoughts,and also what I have being told since,is correct.
I find it very strange that despite posting the joint highest score on the day,nobody asked me the question,do I express an interest in competing in the world's.
At the time I didn't know who was who,or what roles they played in the sport and who the reps were.
With regards to having to express an intrest before being considered,i thought it was the people running the show that would of approached the highest scores on the day,working down the list untill said places are filled.
As they say,you live and learn.
Seems at times this sport revolves around the top AA shooters.
By the way love the new icon
So although I may have missed you (which I recall not being the case because I think I did it before you shot Sunday as I was shooting late) you didn't in the months before the event approach anyone at all and ask " how do you shoot the worlds?". Despite 200+ posts on here since 2010 with apparently no internet access you didn't ask on here? You didn't think to ask anyone at a bfta shoot or anything else? Did it not cross your mind when we shot an entire gp together to ask just how you might get to go?
All the EFTA can do is ask the reps and those with net access to spread the word. I try and ensure that's done to the best of the organisation's abilities but it does sometimes require that shooters express some interest in the event. I assume you are aware now of the qualification for Germany and wherever it is next? If not do let me know.
BFTA/NSRA County Coach
CSFTA Chairman/BFTA Rep