View Single Post
Old 5th October 2012, 09:46 PM
MFTA Winter League Champion 2011 and winner of some old 2010 GP series thingy as well

Originally Posted by killen View Post
I have a x35 Leupold Comp which has been reparallaxed so that it comes down to 9 yds.

A friend has a x40 which hasn't been reparallaxed and needs the 50ft converter.
I have watched him range finding and his scope comes in first time every time without rechecking.
Mine is fine upto 53-55yds and then I have to check and recheck. I can easilly make 55yds into 60 yds.

I was wondering if getting it to focus down to 9 yds loses something at 55yds?

Would it be better at 55yds if I reparallaxed so that it would only come down to say 10 or 11 yds. Has anyone any experience on this.

Alternatively it could be that I am just crap!
If you're only struggling with 55 yards plus; ie " fine up to 53-55yds " I would suggest you haven't got a problem.
If you believe that a scope is a laser rangefinder then I think you're mistaken.

I love Tool, he's a great bloke, but sometimes he may be misinterpreted.
What he is actually saying is stop listening to bollocks on the internet and get down your local club for some experienced guidance.
If your local club is full of fuckwits with no grasp on shooting techniques then come to Castle on a Saturday shoot and I will teach you what I know. Some may say this is next to nothing but **** them, I beat them all the time.

So come and shoot with us and ask a bellyfull of questions, I won't lie to you and it's your choice if you take my advice or not. What can you lose? I'm not going to charge you!

By the way, my name is Neil Daniels.