View Single Post
Old 3rd October 2012, 11:21 AM
My Empire of Dirt
Member of: Southampton Buccaneers, Parkstone, South Dorset

[QUOTE=NJR 100;103322]
Originally Posted by DaveyNZ View Post
In NZ my understanding of our policy is that a target can be challenged up until the second person has shot it. After that everyone has to shoot it.... if at the end of the course no one has dropped it then it will be checked and if found to have fault it will be removed. If someone drops it over the course of the day than tough bikkies....

What a load of rubbish.

shant bother with the Worlds in NZ then.

Targets can move during the course of a shoot. every faulty target needs to be checked and as Berty says by someone who knows the rules.

Day three in Norway there was a stander with a gap from 11 down to 6 that a .25 could have gone through with ease. as it was only 20 odd yards there was plenty of paddle for someone steady 9me) to aim at but i am sure others would have put a pellet through the gap.
After shooting the target i told the marshall who also expesssed no intered in taking a look.
If it was the steep down hill stander, shorter of the pair, the first lane as you got onto the ridge, then i'd already called it and got the marshall to look. It was facing left by some margin, but bolted down to tight to move... so effectively it was the same for everyone even though it had looked like it might have moved.

Whatever the rules are, they need to be clear so people know beforehand. No use going out on a course and not knowing them, then calling a target when it's too late.

I don't agree with pulling targets, but that's just my own opinion. I believe there's a equal amount of pro/cons to each stance on it, but my belief is that targets should be checked beforehand, that they don't break mid course, and any suggestion that a point will be gained by calling targets will lead to them being called more. I believe even the best shots are fooled sometimes by misses and that splits can look like hits even to the best.

Call it beforehand. If it don't fall, it's hard luck that you'll get back on the full face plate hit that will make the occaisional target fall. Ask Ian Taylor about my one in Wales last year.
BFTA/NSRA County Coach
CSFTA Chairman/BFTA Rep