View Single Post
Old 1st October 2012, 07:32 PM
Weerach ninja
Member of: Pontefract ARC.

Originally Posted by NJR 100 View Post

As a compramise, perhas there should be only a first place prize for the Vet, lady + junior, and other prizes spread futher down the "open" class??
No, i don't agree with that Simon. As it stands there is usually 1st to 3rd in those classes, and almost never any prizes, as any prizes usually go into open class, and down to 10th for the placings. Adding more placings to open class just seems like a smack in the face to the other classes in my opinion if they are to lose places.
At any open shoot held in this country the bulk of the placings and prizes are given over to open class.. i have no problem with that whatsoever, it's only right and fair as that holds the bulk of the shooters.
What i don't like is suggestions that the other classes give over their recognition to add to the open class.
Come on guy's play the game fair... let the Junior's and springer shooters shoot on equal terms and at least be recognised for doing so. Those ladies who want to be on a level footing with the men can elect to shoot in open class as can the vet's, but leave the classes there for those who don't want to.
NSRA Club coach
International panel beater extraordinare
NHS pin cushion