View Single Post
Old 27th September 2012, 09:30 PM
Member of: carisbrooke rangers

[QUOTE=Lofty;102784]Hi All,
Had a few years off from shooting but now wanting to get back into FT shooting but not at 'full on' competition level (been there done that).

Last scope I had was the Premier Reticle boosted Leupold VX3 EFR 18-40 with custom reticle etc.etc. now if I could get one of those again at a reasonable cost then fine.

If on the other hand I would have to buy from new what would you guys recommend, avoiding the likes of the mega bucks Big Nikko's, March etc.

I'd say the minimum magnification I would go for is 32 ? and looking around all I can see new are .....
MTC Viper, Hawke Sidewinder with the NEW SR Pro ladder reticle, a 8-32 SWF BSA ; 25mm tube on this one (Uttings website) and some really cheap 'BSA's with 30mm tubes' on fleabay from China, at the price they are, surely they are copies ?

Thanks in advance,
Lofty , get on down to Iceni at colchester and have a look around . they being an old club might even have a 18+40 still being used . either way they have a good selection of rifles and scopes to try . i picked up a non EFR 18+40 anodised silver, with sunshade , mounts and 50 foot adapter for 300 . so they are around .??? HOLLY
" Be your self , everybody else is taken "