View Single Post
Old 26th September 2012, 08:11 PM
My Empire of Dirt
Member of: Southampton Buccaneers, Parkstone, South Dorset

Originally Posted by Steve Hebby View Post
I know this has been discussed on other threads but IMO the entry should be on a first come first served basis where a 50 deposit is paid when entering. The worlds would then go back to being an individual event and not the team event it has become and the present classes would also remain (dependant on entries for those classes).
I can give you the list of who got in first then if you like... i think some would cry foul though.

I got the email, so that's me and Helen that knew first, then Mick, Lyndeen and the rest of the EFTA committee. That's 12 people who would know before anyone else. Mick may tell James, and his other half. So that's 14. Nepotism?

But then I suppose if I was on holiday, no one would be the wiser for perhaps 2 weeks... what would happen then?

They could announce it ahead of time, like a magic day when you'd sign up. Standby with all the machines at my place, I could probably overload the server if I put my mind to it. Lets not forget that some countries were booking hotels and rooms at the last 2 events before they were open for registrations because the info leaked out.
BFTA/NSRA County Coach
CSFTA Chairman/BFTA Rep