Thread: Why it matters!
View Single Post
Old 23rd September 2012, 10:42 PM
Member of: Castle ftc

Originally Posted by Willbe View Post
Whoever (and I don't care who and I dont want names) was doing this was bang out of order, unsporting and to be honest may have fell foul of the "barracking" rule.

One of my bugbears with some clubs (i'm not going to say all because I don't know, and i'm sure some great work is carried out somewhere) is the lack of training for new/young shooters. Maybe the shooting line of a comp is not the place for coaching, but an old hand or a top shooter handing down tips or experiance to a new/young/lower grade shooter can only be a positive thing for the sport as a whole. It will be a sad day when we cannot discuss this for fear of breaking the rules. As for pointing out a mistake prior to a shot taking place i'm tending to think that as sporting behaviour, but if that falls foul of the "coaching rule" then maybe a way round is for a group together to pull strings and establish the right targets together as a group so that no-one is advantaged or disadvantaged?
At castle ftc, mr danials has spent a lot of time coaching young chloe, and at one of our club shoots she beat, mr danials and tied with me 36x40, also he has taught her a lot of interesting swear words fair play to big neil..
EV2mk4-Nikko nato mk1
Pro-Target-Nikko nato mk3
TX200mk3-Bushnell elite.