View Single Post
Old 21st September 2012, 07:10 PM
Just wants to shoot...
Member of: Emley FTC

Originally Posted by DaveRobinson View Post
Aye you can read and do formulas looking at cants and gun chairs and inclinometerators and themometers butt plugs n sink plugs carrotts n turnips and all sorts of stuff on paper none of it matters when it comes down to taking a shot from a stable positon its all just good technique and repeating that time after time you get one chance at a target for a point or a miss. Learn your gear ie buy it once and get used to it some people chop n change their scope from one week to next just learn one scope and then u know how t use it to its full potential. Do it steady bit by bit some people fly there way into aa grade within a year and then constantly come unstuck in tricky wind or different light levels.

Get in for all the winter leagues n get stuck in its self learning and self satisfying discipline.
Thanks for the advice. I've made the mistake of chopping and changing in HFT. Won't do it in FT. got myself a big nikko and a pro target both bought from respected FT folk. I'll stick with em and enjoy the shooting.

The grading system means you can shoot against people of a similar ability without feeling overwhelmed. Shoot and if you miss, learn from it
life's too short to give a