View Single Post
Old 11th September 2012, 12:24 AM
Because I`m AWESIME !!
Member of: Avon Hawks, Tondu, Oaktree
Default Practise at blania Gwent

no 1 son has seen little of me on a sunday over the summer.
Lucky him i hear you say

anyway, he was quite happy to attend Blaina Gwent sunday as i had promised him Max bassett would be on hand, or on a lead. But he did not attend. Not to worry as we had buster!

Meanwhile Arms dealer and i set off early to check out a S&B ft. Nice scope, good optics and seemed to do ok on ranging, but of course we only had my Luep to go by. Most of the time we were close on ranging.
I think Arms dealer will need to test it on a course with known target ranges.
Luckily enough, wednesday, after a couple of months MIA will see our practise course at tondu start to go back out. so maybe a spin round that next week will confirm things?

I shot the Die 8 in Priest at B/G Straight from the Tin, though it turned out that i seemed to have loaded the pellet pouch under the air bottle for the trip, thus resulting in throw 4 pellets away before finding a roundish one to fire Sunday.
First half of the course went well, think i only missed about 3 sitters and all were edge of kill misses in an average Welsh wind ( 1 full kill) but i did miss a 25m stander.
The arm is definatley struggling after a wedding so must look at visiting the Docs. I just could not hold it steady sunday, far worse than it was Saturday at tondu.
I spent the second half of the course taking 25ml standing, hit about half i tried but they we all long reducers, 25m + so really should have taken them kneeling?
Instead i practise some long range (to 45my) full size kills kneeling and hit most, did miss a 45m kneeler but split it 9 so not far off.

All in all, good practise shoot and die 8 confiirmed as a suitable pellet for priest, though not REV!
BFTA Grading Q's to;
sorry wont answer Bfta q's on forums, Cant keep track of replies etc!
BFTA updates on

REV26 Ostler Ev2 & x45 comp awaiting a Gary Cane Stock!
Beast Priest Ostler Ev2 & x45 prem ret comp in Warren Edwards stock
If you want the best, Ostler is the man
Pump your Fish, Little or Large
MFTA visitors World championship - Arms dealer 97, Awesime 94, Acid Hands 85

Last edited by NJR 100; 11th September 2012 at 12:26 AM.