View Single Post
Old 8th September 2012, 10:59 PM
Member of: Castle ftc

Originally Posted by NJR 100 View Post
Just looking to spice up the standers / kneelers and make the course a little different.
I am thinking of myself, as i find a 40 yard and 19 yard stander lane, GP after Gp boaring!
And of course I presumed for the likes of simon that a 40 yard shot is a lottery shot, so I am confused as to why he dont seem to mind them, as apposed to a 25ml kill at "up to" 20m??

All to enjoy?
What is your defination of enjoyment in ft?
Easy courses where you hit 40+? Its not mine?
Miss one or two targets and you have wasted lot of money travelling to the shot as your not going to pull them back and thus a poor points total will result.

Not really making you a better shot though either when you dont have to think about the Target?
I came up through the ranks (after hiiting 19 in my first gp in 2006) over the last few years by shooting hard courses and I really dont remember too many one long one / short one lanes Gp. They all seemed long? I am sure when I came runner up in A class the other year i did not actually hit 40+ that many times?

As for minin kills, no, not many are missed in the sitting position by AA.
So lets give as some regions / clubs do, them a try Standing and Kneeling.
I am sure when you try them you will be surprised that at the stated distances, they are not actually that hard

Easy course for Regional yes, i have alsways said so. but Gp are supposed to be National standard.
The scores on the whole this year were too high as most of the courses did not have enough hard targets.
Its a joke when a 45 gets you nowhere in a gp!!
Simon lf u shoot the am session like you normally do (less wind) and u have a reduced kneeler or stander, aim straight at it, come the pm session wind gets up, and your being buffeted by the wind, its totally unfair
to the pm shooters, If its a challenge u want, buy that walther springer (nasty) you were on about, and the fun will begin, if it shoots the same two shoots on the trot you will be a lucky boy...
EV2mk4-Nikko nato mk1
Pro-Target-Nikko nato mk3
TX200mk3-Bushnell elite.