View Single Post
Old 23rd August 2009, 10:15 PM
" Horsham HFT champion 2010 "... apparently...

Originally Posted by Brian.Samson View Post
I've not tried the Deviants personally, so I can't really comment. They look like a stumpy JSB Exact, the skirts seem a little badly formed and scraggy but that doesn't seem to affect the groups.

This was on a BFTA GP course so the majority of the targets were out past 40 yards - I'd say that on the sub 40 yarders they shot about as well in the wind as Exacts - but out past that I was having to give more wind than the lad I shot round with who was using Exacts - not a particularly scientific test, but after 50 targets it was enough to convince me that they offer an advantage in terms of trajectory but apparently no advantage in terms of bucking the wind and my gut feeling was that they gave me an overall disadvantage.

They might make a pretty good HFT pellet unless it gets really windy. To give you an idea of how windy it was today, I was giving about 3-4 mildots of wind at 50 yards on the ones I managed to hit, which is probably a good 4 or 5 inches - well off the plate!.
So fairly windy then Brian

We all know defiants suffered past 35 yards but these falcon pellets are tiny in comparison , I wonder if they will take as much wind even though they are lightweight pellets due to the 'dumpy size ' ?

>>>HRPC airgun section<<<

According to the myth, Pandora opened a container releasing all the miseries of mankindógreed, vanity, slander, envy, piningóleaving only HOPE ( + airguns ) inside.