View Single Post
Old 28th August 2012, 05:44 PM
My Empire of Dirt
Member of: Southampton Buccaneers, Parkstone, South Dorset

Originally Posted by ellis d View Post
Hi matt, regards to the euros, If we do have a true european champs how long would it last before it folded,due to lack of interest, The worlds and euros is less than 4 weeks apart, i cant see many people being able to afford to do both shoots, not to mention the time off, In my humble opinion it would be a total failiure, also the midland gamefair would no doubt carry on holding the shoot under a different name, same exellent prizes, same top quality field of shooters, All u will end up with is no european champs.
As far as I can tell, and someone correct me if i'm wrong... the Euro's may have a permanent position in geography and calendar, but there's nothing baring anyone (even those outside Europe) from competing.

Now if we want a roving European competition ala WFTF, surely we're going to hit the very same problems? I'd suggest we sort the biggest one out first, then the others would have something to aim for.

Anyway, all being signed off, the Euros next year will also be the EFTA selection weekend, so if we did move it, i'd be looking for the table furniture to stay exactly where it was while the table cloth was swiped, because it's taken long enough to get to that point !
BFTA/NSRA County Coach
CSFTA Chairman/BFTA Rep