PDA

View Full Version : Alan Forrest

RichWafta
30th March 2015, 08:36 PM
Sad to have to pass on the news that Alan Forrest passed away on 24th March.
Alan was one of the founder members of SWEFTA and for many years an active member of the BFTA commitee. A really nice guy, he will be sadly missed.

RobF
30th March 2015, 08:50 PM
Oh crap that's terrible news. Alan was always very helpful at the BFTA meetings and in running the BFTA forum and was a valuable tomb of knowledge and experience. Condolences to his friends and family.

saddler
30th March 2015, 08:59 PM
Sad news. Alan was a massive part of the BFTA and will be sadly missed.
Condolences to his family and friends.

CAC
30th March 2015, 09:01 PM
Sad news , condolences to family ,a lovely man and very helpful in my early years in FT .

rich
30th March 2015, 09:24 PM
He can't have been that old, surely. I saw him as one of my "age contemporaries". :(

When SWEFTA had (and still has) its own local rules about course design, Alan was one of the few who were prepared to listen and understand the reasoning, and I will always remember him for that. I can recall an intense conversation at Curridge at the Inters some years back, lubricated by warm tea from the burger van.

kilty
30th March 2015, 10:26 PM
Very Sad news!
Condolences to family and friends
R.I.P Alan

Welsh Wizard
30th March 2015, 11:12 PM
Gutted, Alan was a really nice chap and very helpful.

AndyS
31st March 2015, 01:27 PM
Echo all that has been said regarding Alan, totally nice fella with interests of BFTA. When he left the committee he asked for a trophy in his name to go to top Junior? Will be sadly missed.

saddler
31st March 2015, 01:52 PM
When he left the committee he asked for a trophy in his name to go to top Junior?

I believe the top junior at the Euros is awarded the Alan Forrest Trophy.

terry501
31st March 2015, 06:31 PM
Having been a club member with Alan for a number of years, I have always been greatful to him for the help he gave me when I first started FT.

DazF
31st March 2015, 08:32 PM
R.I.P Alan

My thoughts are with those left behind

RichWafta
31st March 2015, 08:45 PM
He can't have been that old, surely. I saw him as one of my "age contemporaries". :(

Rich, Alan was 73 yrs. Far too young:(

rich
31st March 2015, 08:55 PM
I wasn't wrong then. Thanks for that.

fireblade
31st March 2015, 09:01 PM
Condolences from paula and i, Alan will be missed greatly.
R.I.P.

berty177
31st March 2015, 09:51 PM
Well I am saddened by this news.

Alan was a cracking guy and a big part if ft from the early days..

My thoughts are with Alan's family at this time...

RIP fella..

Mark Bassett

Karl Forrest
1st April 2015, 12:51 PM
Hi all

On behalf of Dad, Mum and my brother Steven I thank you all for your kind words (some of which brought back good memories......the burger's were yum) Dad always enjoyed his time with you all

Keep knocking them over :D

Karl

(the youngest son)