PDA

View Full Version : Alex Boddy

RobF
7th October 2014, 03:36 PM
With great sadness I've been informed that Alex slipped away quietly this morning.

Alex was an enthusiastic FT shooter who enjoyed all aspects of the sport, and his contagious and ever present energetic enthusiasm will be missed, both in Sefta where he spent many years, and in Csfta's Meon Valley, where he moved to recently.

Condolences to Judit, his family and friends.

http://www.shooting-the-breeze.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=12356&stc=1&d=1412698328

NJR 100
7th October 2014, 03:44 PM
Such sad news.

Had a brief chat with him last week and he sounded weak, but its such sad news. Its just 6 months since he last shot and now Gone.
so sad for Judit.

EELS
7th October 2014, 03:54 PM
Really, really sad news. Alex was still a relatively young man and when I last spoke to him he was busy planning his FT comeback. Such a sudden and tragic decline in someone who for all the world was an other wise healthy, active, intelligent and funny bloke. A good guy and a good shooter; we'll miss you mate, RIP. Thoughts and prayers with Judit and Alex's family.

dave croucher
7th October 2014, 04:09 PM
I'll echo all of the above
Top bloke who will be greatly missed
RIP mate!

5teve L
7th October 2014, 04:13 PM
I met Alex when I did a bit of FT & he was a very nice & helpful chap, really sorry to hear this news, thoughts are with Judit & the family at this sad time.

Choppers
7th October 2014, 04:16 PM
Extremely sad news. Alex was a great guy and a very talented design engineer who will be missed by all. My sincere condolences to Judit and Alex's family.

SIMONH
7th October 2014, 04:58 PM
Very sad news. Sending our condolences to Judith and the family. Our thoughts are with you

Simon and Paula

AIRFIX GILLY
7th October 2014, 05:03 PM
Sad news this....shot with him twice on two seperate GP`s and certainly came across as a really nice and friendly chap.

RIP.

saddler
7th October 2014, 05:20 PM
Shot with Alex at the Euros a couple of years back. Really nice guy.
Terrible shame. Thoughts with his family and friends.

TonyF
7th October 2014, 05:34 PM
Such sad news indeed. Condolences to all his family and friends.

Woody
7th October 2014, 05:40 PM
This is really sad news.

Alex was a very nice chap.

Sending my condolences to Judith and his family.

Ratinator
7th October 2014, 05:53 PM
I had not heard that Alex was poorly,what a tremendous shame.
Heart felt condolences to judit and his family.
Simon

tugg
7th October 2014, 07:54 PM
Very sad , I met Alex at Springfield just over a couple of years ago when I first started and found him very friendly and helpfull. such a shame, my condolences go out to Judit and family.

DeanB
7th October 2014, 08:18 PM
Shot together a couple of times. Really sad news.
Dean

AndyIoW
7th October 2014, 09:03 PM
I have only met Alex and Judit a few times but always happy to talk.

On behalf of all from the Carisbrooke Club our condolences to both Judit and families.

RIP

mike
7th October 2014, 09:39 PM
Thank you all for your kind words of sincerity and support and I will pass on your condolences to Judit and family.

As a member of Meon Valley Airgun club (MVAC) I have had the pleasure of shooting with Alex on several occasions and had always enjoyed being paired with him, not just because of the banter (P taking) but because Alex was so easy to get along with and would always offer words of encouragement.

Alex had a real passion for FT and was always trying to be the best he could be, but he was also willing to help others whether you were a newbie or experienced, never in a pushy way but with guidance and humour and always with a smile. I think Alex enjoyed helping out as much as he enjoyed shooting.

Alex was a true Gent of the air gun community and will be sadly missed by all the members of MVAC his family and all those who knew him.

ATB
Mike

springboy
7th October 2014, 10:14 PM
Very sad news.always good company whether it be at the club or at a GP. My thoughts are with Judit and family. RIP Alex.

SteveP
7th October 2014, 10:23 PM
Glenda and I would like to send our condolences to Judit and family. Alex was a lovely person he will be missed.

holly
7th October 2014, 11:22 PM
We saw Alex's wife Judit today and she sends her thanks for all the good wishes . she really has been Alex's strong right arm during his illness . she say's that she intends to keep shooting FT , as that was alex's wish . HOLLY

Neil-T
8th October 2014, 12:22 AM
i sold Alex some kit around a year ago, shot with him and met him a few times, a true gent.
Missed by all who knew him. Be at peace Alex. RIP.

berty177
8th October 2014, 08:38 AM
Had a few chats with Alex and Judit and always had a good laugh..

As already said Alex was a cracking guy and he will be sorely missed..

I talked to Alex and Judit a little while ago around the time they got married..

Massive loss to ft and sefta..

My thoughts are with Judit and family at this time...

RIP fella...

Berty

JerryD
8th October 2014, 02:37 PM
Sad news :(

Only met Alex at GPs, but he came across as a really nice guy. Always a wrench when someone you know, even if only slightly, goes so young.

Best wishes and condolences to his family.

holly
10th October 2014, 05:01 PM
Alex's Funeral will be held at Havant Crematorium . on the 21st at one PM . it is requested jeans and T shirts . as he would have wanted . another service will be held in london at hornchurch i believe . details on face book . ??? HOLLY

mike
10th October 2014, 08:16 PM
Thank's for posting the details Holly,

ATB
Mike

holly
12th October 2014, 11:16 PM
A celebration of alex's life will be held at hornchurch in london on the 25th at witherspoons , Aka JJ MOON'S . 4.00 PM onwards . bring a smile , no dark gear to wear . and no gloom . remember it is not when you die that matters , it is how you lived . ??? HOLLY:)

holly
21st October 2014, 06:16 PM
Alex was cremated to day at havant crematorium . a very good presentation of his life was given . most moving of all was to see his FT kit alongside the coffin . they had backed up a maclaren sports car to the door and as the coffin was carried in they revved it up 9000 RPM so it howled as he was brought in ( he worked for the company ) . moving , very moving . ??? HOLLY:(

fastnick
1st November 2014, 04:27 AM
I know that this is a long way off, but you might like to pop this in your diary now....

On Sunday 13 September 2015, Meon Valley Air Gun Club will host an open shoot in memory of Alex, with all proceeds going charity.

The exact format is yet to be finalised, but it will be something along the lines of "FT meets HFT", with shooters from both disciplines being most welcome. Current thinking is something along the lines of the UKAHFT Extreme rules, with some targets out to 55 yards (maybe even a bit further, who knows!), scope adjustment permitted (not the mag though), and copious use being made of the woodland setting of MVAC's ground to ensure a challenging and enjoyable shoot - all in a good cause and in memory of "one of the good guys".

Though MVAC is very much an HFT-orientated club, we are very keen to welcome FT shooters and hope for a good turn-out from far afield (at Alex's wake, we met guys from both Kent and Essex who indicated that they would be keen to come along).

More details to follow over the next few months, but we thought that by settling on a date for the shoot well in advance it will enable those interested in honouring Alex's memory to keep the day free in their diaries.

Now, where can I get hold of 70 yards of string? :)

Sgt Callahan
11th December 2014, 07:29 AM
Hello all,

Thank you so much for the kind notes. I couldn't really bring myself to join the banter till now.
It was so nice to see all who came to say their last good-byes almost 2 months now and those who came to the pub later.

My rifle is now serviced, so hopefully you'll see me on the circuit. I'm hoping to join some of the SEFTA shoots.

So, see you soon!

NJR 100
11th December 2014, 10:35 AM
Good Show Judit, glad your getting back out on the Ft lanes.
Hope to see you at the Southampton Bucks round?

Sgt Callahan
14th December 2014, 12:42 PM
When is the next FT round there?

fastnick
14th December 2014, 08:07 PM
Well done :) It'll be good to see you shooting again :)

RobF
15th December 2014, 10:37 AM
When is the next FT round there?

http://www.csfta.co.uk/index.php/competition-dates

Jan 11th is the next FT round.

http://www.bfto.org.uk/calendar.htm

Bisley have a shoot on Dec 28th

kilty
21st December 2014, 07:51 PM
Great to see Judit Boddy down at Springfield today.
Judit cut her FT teeth here along with husband Alex and it was nice to remember some of the times we had.
Judit was a bit rusty and in her words "I need a bit of practise"

Always welcome back anytime Judit
Merry Christmas and maybe we will see you for the New Years' Day shoot??

regards
Barry and all at Springfield