PDA

View Full Version : Sad passing of a good friend and Sportsman Ian Horne

IanT
10th June 2014, 10:17 AM
It is a sad day and with a heavy heart that I post this news this morning.

Ian Horne sadly passed away late last night after losing his fight with cancer.

I know you will all join with Susan, myself and all at New Caledonian ARC in passing on our heartfelt condolences to Ianís family and friends.

New Caledonian ARC would not exist if it wasnít for Ian Horne, Graham Easton and Stuart Thom.
Our sport today would not be what it is (in Scotland) if it wasnít for Ian and his tenacious and dogged manner in making sure we go forward.

I will sadly miss our trips in the car with Graham and Ian to the SARPA meetings and some of our friendly heated discussions.

Ian you will be sadly missed.
Rest in Peace.

dnic
10th June 2014, 10:31 AM
A sad time indeed, condolences to family and friends. Goodnight Ian.

David

realtree al
10th June 2014, 11:48 AM
An ambassador for the sport and a true gent it was a pleasure to be in his company at shoots a sad loss condolences to all family and friends and to new caly his club thinking of you all from NASGARC

Dave Ramshead
10th June 2014, 01:36 PM
very sad, condolences to family & friends

g.l.w
10th June 2014, 07:38 PM
Very sad indeed,
Condolences to Ians family and friends.

DYNO DAVE
10th June 2014, 09:30 PM
I can't believe this he was a good guy, I had the pleasure of going down to some FT shoots with Ian a couple of years ago he was always so enthusiastic about our sport and trying to improve it in one way or another , such a waste of life that cancer is a dreadful disease my wife lost her father last night also so I could not believe when I herd this today , all my condolences to Ian's family at this sad, sad time

Regards Dave

Graham
11th June 2014, 09:43 PM
So sad to lose my best mate Ian, im gutted to say the least, i spoke to Ian the night before he died and his first words were "hi mate how are you" typical of the man indeed,always asked about others first, You will be sorely missed mate, Good Night pal, God Bless.

Graham

Deadlydad
12th June 2014, 12:20 AM
Both Neil and myself were very sad when we learned of Ian's passing. Ian was an excellent fella, a great shot, and always made the time to give us a little advice, and the pleasure of his company. Our heartfelt condolences go to his family and friends.

TOMEK K
18th June 2014, 09:19 AM
I am very sorry to hear about the passing away of Ian.
My thoughts go out to you.
My warmest condolences to you and Ian's family from Polish friends.

Graham
21st June 2014, 10:48 PM
I am very sorry to hear about the passing away of Ian.
My thoughts go out to you.
My warmest condolences to you and Ian's family from Polish friends.

Many thanks for the kind words Tomek much appreciated my friend.

Regards,
Graham

plattitude
22nd June 2014, 07:06 PM
Condolences to Ians Family at this sad time, first met Ian when I puchased a AA Pro-Target from him, we were on Holiday in Scotland ( at Braemar) and we met up to do the deal, after that our pathes crossed on a few of the NEFTA shoots he did, I remember one where I think he came with every shooter in Scotland to a HFT Hunter at Thorne Dell and it turned into a Scotland v England shoot, it was a great day.

R.I.P Ian

Paul